Authentication option is used to configure authentication of application. It is possible to configure different types of authentication. When application is installed, three entities are created for authentication purpose, User, Roles and Tokens. Also default Login plugin is installed and option Authentication is configured to use this plugin.
Those are parameters on Authentication option:
- Authentication – can be selected Yes or No. If No selected, then application is free to use for not logged users.
- Authentication user entity – this is entity where users data are placed.
- Authentication username attribute – this is attribute of user entity used for user name.
- Authentication password attribute – this is attribute of user entity used for password.
- Authentication user roles attribute – this is attribute of user entity used for selected roles of user.
- Authentication roles entity – this is entity where roles types are stored.
- Authentication roles name attribute – this is attribute of roles entity, it is used for list roles in authorization component. See How to use authorization component
- Login page – name of login page where not logged users are redirected. It is possible to change existing, or make new login form.
- First page – name of first page loaded when logged user enter application.
- Get logged user function – server function used to return logged user data.
- Is logged user in roles function – server function used for checking is logged user in roles.
- Log out user function – server function used for logout user.
For some scenarios, it is possible to change only User and Roles entities and attributes, and keep default Login plugin with three server functions. To develop custom authentication plugin, see How to develop authentication plugin