This tutorial shows you how to show a number beside a menu item by using SQL Code. In our example we will show a number of products beside Product menu item.
For this tutorial, you have to login into developer panel of your application.
1. Navigate to Navigation menu item in developer panel.
2. Drag and drop Menu counter component from all components list to product menu item in navigation tree.
3. In dropped menu counter component properties, for Data source type property choose SQL Code.
4. Click on Data source SQL field and enter your SQL query that will be executed on your database. Result of this SQL query must be one row and a number (e.g. 5).
5. Click on Save changes, go into your application and check out the results.